cini, LLC. Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, by cini, LLC. ("cini").
If you have general questions about your account or how to contact Customer Service for assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org For questions specifically about this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies or similar technologies, please contact us by email again at email@example.com
The data controller of your personal information is cini, LLC. which also provides the service to you. Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide to us which includes:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our Customer Service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions; Profile information, such as name, social media account information, and profile image
- User-generated content, including comments, photographs, videos, and virtual item videos that you choose to upload or broadcast on the Platform ("User Content")
- Your phone and social network contacts, with your permission. If you choose to find other users through your phone contacts, we will access and collect the names and phone numbers and match that information against existing users of the Platform. If you choose to find other users through your social network contacts, we will collect your public profile information as well as names and profiles of your social contacts Information to certify an account
- information when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, taste preferences, account settings, set preferences in Your Account, or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and soon our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service (such as gaming systems, smart TVs, mobile devices, and set top boxes). This information includes:
- your activity on the the cini app, such as title selections, watch history and search queries;
- details of your interactions with Customer Service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
We collect information about the people, Pages, accounts, hashtags and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Products, such as people you communicate with the most or groups you are part of. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload sync or import it from a device (such as an address book or call log or SMS log history), which we use for things like helping you and others find people you may know and for the other purposes listed below. Public information can be seen by anyone, on or off our Products, including if they don't have an account. This includes your cini username; any information you share with a public audience; information in your public profile on cini; and content you share on our cini app. You, other people using cini, and we can provide access to or send public information to anyone on or off our Products, including in other cini Company Products, in search results, or through tools and APIs. Public information can also be seen, accessed, reshared or downloaded through third-party services such as search engines, APIs, and offline media such as TV, and by apps, websites and other services that integrate with our Products.
Our "cini Filters": We have new Augmented Reality Filters that uses True Depth API we call our "cini Filters". These filters use body tracking to place you (the user) in front of a pre-rendered video or image background. The resulting recorded file is saved to your phone, you have the option to upload the video file to the cini servers which makes the video available on your profile page. You then have then have the option to share the video inside or outside the app. We DO NOT share this data with any third parties or use this data for any technical developments.
- Information from other sources: We might supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including from both online and offline data providers. Such supplemental information could include demographic data, interest based data, and Internet browsing behavior.
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use information to:
- determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for content we think will be enjoyable, determine your Internet service provider, and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms,
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
- communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications text messaging, and online messaging channels), so that we can send you news about cini, details about new features and content available on cini, and special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- cini companies: We may share your information among other cini, LLC. owned companies as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to our services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements, content development; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
- Service Providers: We may use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- Business transfers: In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
Retention & Deletion
- Deletion: Users of the Platform may request and obtain removal of User Content they posted by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests must be labeled "Removal Request" on the email subject line. All requests must provide a description of the User Content you want removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that User Content. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, and we may not be able to respond if you do not provide adequate information. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the material. For example, materials that you have posted may be republished or reposted by another user or third party.
- Retention: We retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the service so that we can fulfil our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved. Where we do not need your information in order to provide the service to you, we retain it only for so long as we have a legitimate business purpose in keeping such data. However, there are occasions where we are likely to keep this data for longer in accordance with our legal obligations or where it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.After you have terminated your use of our Platform, we store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
Access to Your Account and Profiles
In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the cini service, we use technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the cini service. You can choose not to take advantage of this feature on your computer by unchecking the box "Remember me on this device" when you log in to the website. To remove access to your cini account from your devices: (a) visit "Your Account", choose "Sign out" (note, deactivation may not occur immediately) or (b) delete your cini settings from your device (steps vary by device and the option is not available on all devices). Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you sell or return a computer or cini ready device, you should log out and deactivate the device before doing so. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information. If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information (including in some cases personal information) such as your watch history, ratings, reviews and account information (including your email address or other information in Your Account).
If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or text message, simply access the email and text messages email us at email@example.com informing us of your desire. Also click the "unsubscribe" link in the email or reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the text message. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain email correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions. To exercise choices regarding cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking and Internet advertising, see the Cookies and Internet Advertising section (below).
Your Information and Rights
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You can most easily do this by visiting the "settings" portion of our app, where you have the ability to access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information, and various related information about your account. You must be signed in to access "Your Account." You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you. To make requests, or if you have any other question regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also see the Your Choices section of this Privacy Statement for additional choices regarding your information. We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks such as free trial fraud. We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honor your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
You must be 13 years of age or older to open a cini account. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 13, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to become a member. While individuals under the age of 13 may utilize the service, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of the cini service after any such updates take effect will constitute acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of the cini service. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the "Last Updated" section below.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
- What are cookies? Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization. Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies. See below for more information and examples.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with cini. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors' use of the cini service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our service.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies use information about your visit to this and other websites, such as the pages you visit, your use of our service or your response to our future ads and emails, to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called "Interest-Based Advertising." Many of the advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
- How can I exercise choice regarding cookies and other types of online tracking? For more information about cookies set through our app, as well as other types of online tracking (including the collection of information by third parties about your online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services for online interest based advertising), and to exercise choices regarding them, email us at email@example.com. At this time, we do not respond to Web browser "do not track" signals.
- How Does cini use Web Beacons and other Technologies? Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. We and our Service Providers may use them for similar purposes as cookies, such as to understand and enhance the use of our service, improve site performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site, and understand interactions with our marketing (including email and online ads on third party sites). Because web beacons often work in conjunction with cookies, in many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons. We use other technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. We may use these and various other technologies for similar purposes as cookies, such as to enforce our terms, prevent fraud, and analyze the use of our service. There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding these technologies. For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser’s help function or support area to learn more. Other technologies, such as Silverlight storage, may be cleared from within the application.
Last updated: 30 May 2020